Tuesday 2 April 2019

The Soup Was Bitter

#The_Soup_Was_Bitter

I was so afraid to make soup. I was almost 22years old when I first made a small pot of soup.

I remembered adding almost everything they use for soup and rice just to make the soup have an excellent taste, yet it was like poison to those who are it.

That Sunday was a special day to me and most of the time my friends promised to visit me. They all insisted they wanted soup made by me.

Well, I accepted to make the soup myself, so I went to the market to get more than the ingredients needed.

I spent more money than I should, just to satisfy the wants of my friends. They all came as promised and I made the soup as also promised.

The aroma of the soup filled the house and everyone praised me, with great expectations to have a nice meal.

The food was served, they all prayed together and got their hands into the Garrick plate. As they deep the Garrick into the soup and put it right into their mouths, they couldn't swallow.

You know what will follow after such incident. Some laughter's, some smile's, some insults... all as friends.
.....
.....

Few weeks after, I went to my mum to teach me how to make good soup, and she did. I repeatedly practiced and gave to some neighbours to taste and they enjoyed the meal. I remembered giving to a young girl who was very selective with all that goes into her mouth. At first she rejected to have a taste, but after many plead, she had a taste, but didn't stop there. She kept asking me for soup every week.

Moving forward, I decided to invite those friends again for a meal. This time, the story was different. They all enjoyed the meal and asked for more.

This is how Success works!

Success is a progressive movement from one level of rejection to more levels of acceptance and recommendations.

At first, you may fail, but failure is not final. I believe that mistakes are just feedbacks. It's not how far you fall but how high you bounce that makes all the difference.

John Mason said, "One of the riskiest things you can do in life is to take too many precautions and never have any failures or mistakes. Failure is the opportunity to start over more intelligently.

Just like I teeter on the edge of disaster, many who are now succeeding were called failures on their journey to success.

Never define yourself by your experiences, define yourself by your purpose and you will keep progressing in Success.

Success is who you are!

Abibo Berepele
© Success Institute

No comments:

Post a Comment